Internet and OpenOffice Workstations
Userful workstations equipped with Internet, OpenOffice software, online databases and a variety of other software are available free of charge to library members. You can reserve a station online, simply click on PRE-BOOK then enter your username (Multi card number) and password.
7 OpenOffice workstations for adults are located in the Reference Room. A Diginet station dedicated to printing is also located in the Reference area.
3 OpenOffice workstations for teens are located in the Teen Section. A printing station is located near the photocopier (between the Teen and Children's sections).
4 OpenOffice workstations for kids are located in the Children's Section which is situated near the membership desk. A printing station is located near the photocopier (between the Teen and Children's sections).
2 OpenOffice workstations and a printing station are located at the Valois branch.
User access policy
1. Users must hold a valid Multi card.*
2. Children under 10 must be supervised by an adult.
3. Registration is mandatory.
4. Work sessions are individual for a maximum of 2 hours per day per member.
5. The prescribed regulations pertaining to peace and order in the library apply at the Internet workstations.
6. Any deliberate act causing damage to the computer equipment or to the software, or any other attempt to render the service inoperative, will result in disciplinary action.
7. It is strictly forbidden to visit Internet sites of pornographic nature. Library users not following this rule will, as a result, be denied access to the library's Internet service.
8. The reference librarian administers the access to the Internet service according to the current rules, which have been approved by the library's management. When a Library member contests or does not respect these policies, the reference librarian may interrupt his/her session or refuse access to the Internet service.
* Visitors may check their mail upon requesting authorization from the reference librarian.
A workstation can be reserved online at the library on the pre-book station or in person. Sessions are limited to 2 hours per day. Library members wishing to use this service are asked to be on time. Your reservation will be cancelled if you are more than (10) minutes late.
The library reserves the right to revoke the privilege of making reservations for library members who generally do not honour them.
NOTE: Printing documents is now done through the CMS Diginet station. Cash is no longer used. Instead, you will have to go to the circulation desk and request a credit on your Multi card.
When you wish to print a document, you will have to enter your Multi card number and password. The Diginet system will then automatically debit the amount from your card.
Pages or screens may be printed at a cost of $0.25 per page in black and white and $0.50 per page in colour.
The library member assumes total responsibility for the dissemination of documents protected by copyright.